Client: PACIFIC WESTERN TRANSPORT on behalf of the PAN AMERICAN GAMES ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
To provide support and assistance in the overall training, set up and management of the athlete, officials and media transport system for the 2015 Pan American Games.
Analyzed the overall set up of the major transport areas to utilize our expertise and experience. Concentrated on the satellite villages and the airport.
EME provided the leadership in the following areas:
- Initial training of all drivers – added in content and, most importantly, the reality of being a coach driver for these systems
- Worked directly with the Pan American transport team in setting up the satellite transport system
- Worked directly with assigned coach companies on accommodations, food and beverage and scheduling of all drivers
- Direct communications with drivers on daily schedules and requirements while ensuring all driver laws were being observed (length of time driving, breaks and safety of vehicles)
- Worked directly with Ontario Provincial Police and local police, to provide daily security checks on all coaches to ensure athlete safety
- Developed and managed officials and media shuttles in satellite cities
- Airport Operations – worked directly with airport managers to provide the process and scheduling of all arrivals and departures
- Staffing - managing and training local staff on operations
- Signage – ensuring coaches had the correct accreditation and route identifiers
Provided the successful delivery of the satellite athlete, official and media transport solutions. An Olympic transport scoring level was achieved for the delivery of these systems.
Our goal was to leave a legacy for future Pan American Games in the delivery of these systems.